Danae Johnson, Principal
“I feel like I’ve won the lottery working with Danae! She feels like part of the team and it’s so much easier to work with someone who knows us and gets us.” – People Development
Creating positive change and greater work and life fulfillment for both individual leaders and whole organizations is Danae’s focus. She has witnessed the most significant shifts when leaders make time to expand their level of awareness, their impact on others, and focus on their strengths, therefore realizing their unique and powerful potential. As the principal of Thinking Partners Inc. and a senior associate with a select group of boutique consulting firms, the clients she works with achieve results and change through one-on-one coaching, customized leadership & team development, and values-based cultural transformation.
Skills and Expertise
- 25+ years professional experience in the field of coaching, leadership development and culture change
- Former VP of People Development
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation
- Coached over 350 executives and professionals from the public and private sectors since 2005
- Certified Executive Coach (CEC), Royal Roads University
- StandOut® Coaching Certified Coach, The Marcus Buckingham Company
- Core Gift Discovery© Master Facilitator
- Certified Cultural Transformation Tools Practitioner, Barrett Values Centre (Individual Values Assessment, Leadership Values Assessment, Individual Values Assessment & more)
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®) Certified Practitioner (MBTI® Step ITM & IITM & MBTI® Optimizing Team Performance Program)
- Coaching Out of the Box Certified Trainer
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR), B.C. Human Resource Management Association
- Proven track record of delivering impactful Narrative 360 Feedback processes
Believing strongly in community and global citizenship, Danae is an inaugural member of the Global Values Alliance, the Canadian Values Alliance and has been honoured to volunteer for a number of groups that are committed to making the world a better place. She has a deep connection to nature and the outdoors, which she nurtures through travel as well as exploring the West Coast. She has shared her experiences with values integration in publications such as A World Book of Values (co-author) and “A Values-Based Culture Takes One Company from Good to Great” (co-author, HR Voice).
Our Vision & Values
Every leader has the potential to influence and impact to make a difference. We believe that shifts made at the individual level spark positive change that ripple outward to others, teams, whole organizations and beyond. We partner with leaders, teams and whole organizations in these courageous endeavours.
Making a Difference: Whatever we’re doing, let’s make it count. In any given moment, there are limits to our time, energy and capacity – we focus on the quality, meaning and impact of our thoughts and actions to make a positive difference.
Courage & Perseverance: The smallest changes can have the biggest impacts and meaningful results often take time to come to light. We courageously partner with clients to wade into any depth and work that is calling, no matter how challenging or daunting. We deeply believe in our clients and relentlessly support them through inspiring, provoking, trusting and witnessing as they make positive shifts.
Wellbeing & Compassion: It’s not just what you’re doing but who you are being as a leader that affects your impact. Your wellbeing and self-care is essential, not optional, to your leadership presence. We have deep understanding and compassion for leaders wherever they are at and partner with them to create the impact they envision.
We know that our clients often have varying and complex needs. We also know enough to realize that we cannot be all things to everyone. Therefore, Thinking Partners Inc. draws upon the expertise of a select group of partners that not only share our values and vision but also provide the high caliber of service and products our clients require.