At Thinking Partners we talk a lot about values and strive to live them vibrantly. Working with our clients, we help them identify and connect with their core values, to bring them more to life for greater fulfillment and impact.
This year’s World Values Day theme on October 17th is “Values and Wellbeing.”
“When we are not aligned with our values, our own wellbeing and the wellbeing of others will suffer.” A first step to increasing your own wellbeing is to identify your core values, and this handy “Take a Values Break Guide,” prepared by the organizers of World Values Day, can help you identify those values that are important to you while you drink your morning coffee.
Once you’ve identified your values, it’s important to act on them. That could mean going for a walk in nature, turning your cellphone off for an entire weekend, learning a new language (might take more than a weekend!) volunteering with a local organization, calling a friend you’ve been meaning to catch up with. It’s the action that propels you towards a feeling of increased wellbeing and happiness. The more often you take actions that help you to live your values, the greater the sense of wellbeing!
Here are some ways to get involved:
- Visit https://www.worldvaluesday.com/ and use the resources there either for yourself or as part of a group/community
- Follow #WorldValuesDay on twitter – be inspired by how others are living their values and share what you’re doing to help inspire others!
- Share the “Take a Values Break Guide” with family or friends and take a values break together
- Use the “I Value…” template (https://www.worldvaluesday.com/value-templates-download/) to share your value on your favourite social media platform
- Read the articles on the World Values Day blog to see how values directly impact our sense of wellbeing, and can even decrease stress levels
Happy World Values day!